Welcome to my site, I love Guinea Pigs and I currently have two of the Little Cuties.
I want to have contact with other Guinea Pig owners and talk about Guinea Pig care and fun games.
Also Guinea Pig supplies is a way of finding great products for Guinea Pigs to have fun with their owners and their guinea pig playmates.

Guinea Pig Supplies Latest Posts

My Guinea Pig Sick

Posted by Sarah, Guinea Pig Supplies Editor | Posted in , , , , , , , ,

I know if you've been following my Posts regularly, you'll know my Guinea Pigs are called Chloe and Joey. Well Chloe got sick this week.

I bought a separate cage for her as she was being blocked by Joey, when she went to get her food.
In less than a week she was skin and bones and very weak.

I'd taken her to my Vet, who gave her antibiotics, as she had a secondary infection with guinea pig diarrhea and I drove miles away to get her some food that I could give her by syringe.

I nursed her for three days on this wonderful guinea pig product, and she did seem to be getting better. She was walking for a little way, before she stopped knackered.

When I put her into her hutch last night I thought she was going to get through this as she was doing so well on this Timothy hay based food.

This morning I got all her food prepared to feed her by syringe again.....................and she'd died overnight. The secondary infection had got too much.

I will be getting a new Guinea Pig soon, so watch out in my next post or two....

Have fun with your Guinea Pigs....Sarah
RIP: Chloe

Chloes Guinea Pig Images

Comments (0)

Post a Comment